Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kauai


I have returned from Kauai. I had a wonderful time as it is a beautiful island! While there, my husband and I attended a church that was built in the 1940's (picture attached) . If anyone knows me they know I love old churches. This one was small and quaint and just seemed so filled with character . The moment I saw it, I told my husband I wanted to attend on Sunday. We did and the Reverend gave a good sermon speaking on Paul and Peter. After the service, cake and juice were served on the front lawn. Talk about quaint! I knew when I saw the Reverend enter the church I would be leaving a book. After cake and small talk in the yard of the church, I went into the sanctuary and left a book with the Reverend. I know God's hand was in this from the beginning. After all, who knows better than He, my love for old churches!



In His service and feeling very blessed,



Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment