Saturday, July 18, 2009

In His Time

I opened my bible this morning and started reading Ecclesiastes 3.

"A time to be born; a time die;
A time to plant; a time to harvest;
A time to kill a time to heal;
A time to destroy; a time to rebuild;
A time to cry; a time to laugh;
A time to grieve; a time to dance;
A time for scattering stones; a time for gathering stones;
A time to hug; a time not to hug;
A time to find; a time to lose;
A time for keeping; a time for throwing away;
A time to tear; a time to repair;
A time to be quite; a time to speak up;
A time for loving; a time for hating;
A time for war; a time for peace."


This is the passage that came to me when we were designing the cover of "I'll see you in Heaven". God gave me a vision of the pocket watch you see on the cover and throughout the book. He revealed to me in a very clear way His desire for the watch to be the centerpiece on the cover, and a major theme in the book.

Verse 2- "There is a time to be born: a time to die."

This I believe.

The only one who can call your loved ones home is our God. He is the one orchestrating our coming in and our going out. If only for a moment we come and leave,we still have the ability to change the world. He uses every life, He brings us to love, He uses us to touch hearts, and sometimes breaking hearts as we pass through. But every one of us will change this world simply by His placing us in it. I am sorry for all of your losses, and all of your broken hearts. What I wanted to share in all of this, is that the God I serve will bring you healing if only you trust Him. I believe that for all of you there will be a day when you are once again in the arms of those who have gone to be with our Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment